People often ask me what I LOVE to photograph most, and honestly my answer is always the same: people. That's always been a consistency throughout my photographic journey even in my very early landscape photography - somehow I'd always make my photos about people, always loving telling their story.
People are why photographing weddings is the best thing ever to me, there's so much to shoot and no two are the same, even at the same venue, the couple's personalities shining through in the details of the day! Having attended three different weddings at Shustoke Farm Barns in 2016 you can trust me on that. So whether it's a quirky pub city centre wedding, your parents back garden, or a festival style wedding in the countryside I know I'll love it. Each wedding a unique story to document and new people to meet. I love all weddings from the simple to totally bonkers, because for me it's all about the LOVE. That said, I do have a wedding bucket list of sorts - here's a few off the top of my head:
- At a Music Festival - I love festival
- One with a Silent Disco. OH MY THE PHOTO OPPS.
- A total DIY shindig in the countryside where jumpers & wellies are obligatory (almost had this but the sun decided to shine, so we were mostly covered in suncream instead)
- Star Wars themed with fancy dress
- New York, even better Brooklyn
- The Bond Company venue in Digbeth (THIS IS BEING TICKED OFF NEXT MAY! Yes - Thanks Dan and Lucan).
- In a warehouse (bonus if it's in Digbeth in Birmingham)
- The West Mill, it's a relatively new venue in Derby and is super cool
- Circus style, in a big top
- Bumper Cars/fairground rides. Just don't expect me to get on them (no one want's a photographer with a broken arm right?!)
- The Night Before Christmas themed
- On a steam train
- On a canal boat
- Nachos involvement (my favourite food) - TICK. THANKS HELEN AND TOM
Whether your wedding is any of the above or a beautiful low key wedding just get in touch, I'd love to hear from you and chat about your wonderful relaxed wedding day.